Red dates are so nutritious that you can eat them just like that. It is also known as Jujubes which supports healthy spleen functioning. They have been used in many Chinese medicine formulations for centuries. The fruit is sweet to taste and warm in nature, as well as nourishing the skin and anti-aging benefits, they also protect the liver, nourish the blood, prevent hair loss, strengthen muscle and bone, and assist with the digestive process.
Red dates are especially suitable to treat people with poor appetite, diarrhea, fatigue, skin problem, anxiety, and restlessness. The highest concentration of Vitamin C is found in red dates. The concentration is 7-10 times higher than that found in citrus fruits. They also contain protein, carbohydrates, organic acids, vitamins, and minerals such as calcium, phosphorous, and iron. These qualities make them an indispensable beauty product for women. There are six most important health benefits:
1. Protect the liver
- The carbohydrates, fats, and proteins contained in jujubes promote liver protein synthesis, increase serum albumin content and balance the ratio of albumin ( a simple form of protein that is soluble in water and coagulable by heat ) to globulin (a simple protein soluble in salt solutions and forming a large fraction of blood serum protein). In addition, jujubes can also help inhibit the effects of hepatitis for those who suffer from this disease.
2. Help digestion
- Red dates are rich in fiber. Three dates contain one-fifth of the adult daily fiber requirement. A study published in the British Journal of Nutrition indicated that consuming the right amount of red dates daily can improve the peristalsis rate of the intestines, reducing chemical substances that may cause cancer.
3. Natural sweetness
- Sun-dried red dates are so naturally sweet that people often think they have added sugar. This is not the case, as the fruit is so sweet it doesn't require any added sugar. It has high nutritional value whether it is consumed as dried fruit, as part of dessert, or as a snack. It has many nutritional benefits when consumed daily, however, diabetics should monitor their intake due to the high natural sugar content.
- Red dates contain Vitamin B, which promotes blood circulation. In addition, their high concentration of Vitamin C effectively reduces the production of melanin and spots, while also making the skin smooth and soft.
5. Prevent hair loss
- The fruit supports both spleens and stomach functions. Good spleen function leads to firm skin and shiny, healthy hair, minimizing hair loss.
6. Strengthen the body and nourish the kidney
- Red dates are rich in cyclic adenosine monophosphate, which has the effect of dilating blood vessels and improving blood supply to the kidneys Traditional Chinese medicine holds that red dates are good for men's health.
Red dates nourishing tea recommendation
The most common red dates tea is red dates with wolfberries (goji berries) and longans. Making your own red dates tea is relatively easy. Save your time and hassle getting the ingredients separately. Now just get our all-in-one ready packet, in which we have inserted all the ingredients and you are good to go. First, you need to wash the red dates, goji berries, and longan then simply simmer the ingredients over low heat for 10-20 minutes and you have your homemade tea ready to drink! The tea is not only delicious, but it's also full of health benefits and can help warm you up on an old winter's day / cold rainy day.