Desserts are one of the courses to be served at the end of our main meal. Everyone loves dessert, especially in Malaysia we have two types of desserts - hot & cold dessert. The first type (served as hot desserts) are those baked ones such as pastries, cakes, jam canapes, and many more. On the other hand, the second type of dessert (served as cold desserts) will be ice cream, fruit sorbet, pudding, bubur cha-cha and etc.
Since now we are in the midst of locking down, you may find bonding time making cakes together with your children. Let their imagination fly wide. Although the ultimate results might not be as perfect as the ones you bought from a store, it will be a fun and enjoyable session that kids will never forget. The best thing is the entire family is able to enjoy the results together.
Today we will be sharing a simple carrot cheesecake recipe with you.
A. Ingredients for cake batter
- 250 grams all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder,
- 1/2 cup of corn oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 whole carrot grated
- A pinch of salt.
- Any choice of raisins
B. Cream cheese frosting
- 115gram cream cheese softened
- 2 cups of powdered sugar
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- Place all the A dry ingredients in one bowl, and the wet ingredients into another bowl. Stir well.
- Once done stirring, switch everything into a large bowl and add in the chopped nuts, raisins together with the grated carrot, and mix well for good texture.
- Heat the oven to 180°C and place the cake batter in. Bake for 30-45 minutes.
- While waiting let's prepare the cream cheese frosting by mixing all the B ingredients together.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese with a handheld mixer on medium speed until creamy, about 1 minute. Beat in the powdered sugar, a 1/4 cup at a time until fluffy. Pour in the cream and beat on medium speed for 1 minute. Chill covered until ready to frost cake.
Finally, once the cake is done (completely cool), coat it with the cream cheese and sprinkle it with some extra chopped nuts on the top.
This can be an easy snack or dessert to bring along while traveling or during teatime with our loved ones. Adding nuts into desserts is a great source of nutrients and it helps to balance the amount of sugar in our body.
Feel free to share with us your results on Instagram and tag us @freshbulkonline.