|Size (L x W x H)||27 cm x 18 cm x 7 cm|
- Used as a substitute for ginseng tonic.
- Most common digestion enhancement tonic drinks.
- Specialized in making herbal soup.
Many of you have never heard about Codonopsis Root. Well, it is actually an herb well known in Chinese herbalism that people use the root to make medicine. It has a very neutral nature that tastes sweet and is also rich in polysaccharides which have been shown to be useful in supporting the immune system of older people as well.
But how does it work?
Codonopsis is commonly used to treat HIV infections and to protect cancer patients against the side effects of radiation treatments. It also helps to boost your immune system and to treat weakness such as loss of appetite (anorexia), shortness of breath, cancer, and many more. Most importantly it seems to stimulate the central nervous system and a few more health benefits which are stated below,
- Supporting the good function of the lungs and spleen - works to energize the entire body which focuses on the lungs and spleen, especially for asthma patients it is very useful.
- Improves stress response - helps with hypertension and to boosts the endurance for stress.
- Helps with digestion - helps in relieving diarrhea, vomiting and may also stop the forming of peptic ulcers.
- Boost blood quality - boost the amount of hemoglobin and increase the number of red blood corpuscles in the blood.
These specific roots might slow blood clotting that is extremely effective in boosting vitality and relieving a sense of general fatigue. Many women used it to build blood by taking Codonopsis along with their medications might increase the chances of bleeding. Precautions and warnings especially during pregnancy and breastfeeding you should stay on the safe side and avoid the intake of this herb.
How do we eat it?
Since the root has a very strong scent and taste, you may just boil a few numbers of roots together with any kind of herbal soup that you cook and it should be consumed either hot or warm.
1 packet of Codonopsis Root