- Dried oregano has an excellent flavour and aroma, and works very well with cilantro and cumin.
- Oregano can become overpowering and bitter if too much is used on foods with a mild flavour. So, add little by little.
- Toast dried oregano leaves lightly in a pan and add them to your favourite chili or taco recipe.
- Try a tea made with oregano for indigestion, bloating, flatulence and coughs.
- Most commonly used as a garnish for plated foods
- Great for perking up salads and other fresh dishes just before serving
- Add it to sauces for a fresh new flavor and texture
- Prime component in the traditional Bouquet Garni blend which is perfect for flavoring meats, seafood, soups, and more
- Perfect complement to eggs, rice dishes, mashed potatoes, and more
Rosemary contains substances that are useful for stimulating the immune system, increasing circulation, and improving digestion. Rosemary also contains anti-inflammatory compounds that may make it useful for reducing the severity of asthma attacks. In addition, rosemary has been shown to increase the blood flow to the head and brain, improving concentration.
- While thyme has many applications, many of the most popular ones are in French soups and stews where it is often paired with other Mediterranean herbs like marjoram and oregano. It is a great complement to lamb and tomatoes as well.
- Thyme is one of those herbs that can stand up to long cooking times and is actually better for dishes that will be braised for hours. When it is included in stocks and stews, it is typically added early on for this reason.
Very well done. Smooth and fragrant. Highly recommended